figuring out do_custom_download.pl

Hi,

I am slogging through the instructions here http://wiki.debian.org/DebianCustomCD and I used germinate to create a package list.  The instructions advise using the script here http://wiki.debian.org/DebianCustomCD/CustomDownload to take the germinated list and download the appropriate debs, but I'm confused by some of the parameters the script takes.

Here is the command I ran:

./do_custom_download.pl -k i386 -g -p /home/josh/pool -v -a http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu -d hardy -c main -b /home/josh/seeds/all -s /home/josh/seeds/all.sources

I get the following output
Initializing package & source database...Couldn't read hardy_main_Packages
Couldn't read hardy_main_InstallerPackages
Couldn't read hardy_main_Sources
Couldn't read hardy_contrib_Packages
Couldn't read hardy_contrib_InstallerPackages
Couldn't read hardy_contrib_Sources
ok

but it isn't ok and nothing happens.  Do I need to specify something for the -l option which is the "package control" path? I have no idea what path I would give it for that.  Does my pool directory already need to have a proper mirror directory structure?  Currently I just have an empty directory?

Is this the way the ubuntu folks do it?

Josh Cronemeyer