Installation on 586

Hi,
I'm having a problem installing stable 4.0r3 on my old Cx6x86L (Cyrix - Pentium One equivalent). It hangs just after "Ok, booting the kernel".

This PC had Debian installed before successfully and it was used
for many years. Since then no hardware was changed, so I am suspecting that kernel on the installation CD doesn't like this old i586.

Where can I download an installation CD to work with that CPU?
I want to install it from it, and then upgrade to the newest distribution compiling 2.6 kernel myself (with CONFIG_M586).

Regards,
Tomasz