Re: Contents-i386.gz

Bruce Robson:
>The missing Contents-i386.gz means that apt-file doesn't work on
>the CDs in sarge, etch and lenny.

>Is there supposed to be a Contents-i386.gz file

Yes, I think so.

>or is the bug that apt-file hasn't been updated to use the
>Packages and/or Packages.gz file.

No.  The information, which file is provided by which binary
package, is located only in the binary packages themselves
and in the Contents-* files but not in Packages[.gz] files.
Perhaps the Contents-* files are missing on the official CDs to
save space.

I'm sorry
Friedhelm

--
Bitte in die Adressierung auch meinen |Please put my full name also into
Vor- u. Nachnamen stellen z.B.        |the recipient like