Re: Tracker "not authorized" for lenny_di_beta1 torrents

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Frans Pop wrote:

On Thursday 20 March 2008, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
I can authorize them at the tracker, but I don't have the diskspace
curerntly to seed them (there is only space for the current stable
release and one more batch, we gave priority to the weeklies). Would the
tracker without seeding from my part be useful?

The Beta release is listed as the first option on the D-I page [1] for
people wanting to install lenny.
ATM the weeklies are even not listed at all to "encourage" people to use the
Beta. The weeklies will be added back on the page after two weeks or so.

Ok, I didn't know that. I just asked when the beta images were published if I should drop weekly torrents in favour of betas and got a "no". If that's not the case, I can drop the weeklies and mirror up the beta images instead.

In line with the discussion about what (iso) images to produce for lenny, I
think that as long as diskspace is an issue here, we need to be smarter
about prioritizing bittorrent seeds too.
Having popular images seeded for _both_ the beta and weeklies is (at least
IMNSHO) much more important than having all weekly images for all
architectures seeded.

For bittorrent seeding it is very easy to mirror down a whole directory structure and seed all isos in there. So this will either easily follow a reduction in the full isos available, or require some kind of black/white-listing of "good" images to torrent (plus some code).

/Mattias Wadenstein