Re: download of rc2 dvd failed

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Praveen A wrote:

2007/3/22, Mattias Wadenstein <maswan@acc.umu.se>:
Perhaps you
need to talk to your web proxy guys, they seem to be disappearing your
requests.

I was able to download the cd image using the same proxy, so I don't
think it is a problem with proxy.

Well, other people can download dvd isos fine without proxies, and I wouldn't be surprised at any software along the way having LFS problems. Can you download full-sized DVD isos (>2^32 bytes) from elsewhere?

If you give me a date -u for the download attempts, I can perhaps try to
find something, but there are so many downloads of the i386 dvd isos that
it is very hard to figure out which requests are yours unless you tell me
what IP the requests will be coming from.

[root@symlin6 Debian-Etch-RC2]# date -u
Thu Mar 22 11:06:38 UTC 2007

Well, I did mean a date close to the time when you tried downloading the dvd iso, but the IP address helps more so you don't have to bother about that.

My ip address is 15.219.233.70

Ah, thanks. There I see a few downloads. Apparently the dvds are given up on after 30 seconds and 671872 bytes downloaded, this on two attempts today.

/Mattias Wadenstein