Re: etch+1/2 D-I options (was: Meeting for etch and a half)

Hi,

Frans Pop wrote:
I've come up with four options:
1) a new version of the Etch installer with support for both kernels
2) creating a second Etch installer based on the new kernel
3) using the Lenny installer to install Etch
4) option 3 + creating limited CD images based on the Lenny installer

I am essentially a novice in this area, but what is wrong with leaving the installer as is -- especially netinst? The kernel could be upgraded post install if required. I love being able to build boxes with just netinst and a good Internet connection.

My (preferred) option would be:
5) Leave installer as is, require user actioned kernel upgrade post install IF required.

Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP