debain-cd svn version 1482 fails to build cd/dvd

Hello Everyone,

Please note that if you need me to provide a copy of CONF.sh I will
happily do so, but there are lists around that prefer to have it posted
off site and only a link posted.

I have used apt-mirror to pull in the required files for an amd64 and a
i386 mirror of debian along with the source code.

I want to be able to build both offical, and un-official cd/dvds.  The
unofficial ones will have the non-free installed.

I have built the debian installer from svn and was able to use the built
image to install a fresh copy of Debian Etch under qemu, so the actual
installer gtk-mini iso works.

Now I have up until this point in time never used debian-cd, though I am
by no means a beginner when it comes to linux, and in particular Debian.

I have set up CONF.sh to point to my local mirror.  I have done:

. CONF.sh
make status  ( it passed)

I have modified build.sh in so much as I have set it to build an i386
build:

export ARCHES="i386"

I am doing this on an amd64 machine, ie not on a 32 bit.

Now I run ./build.sh and get the following error:

 Trying to add upgrade* directories
  (Optionally) making the image bootable for i386:
    Running tools/boot/etch/boot-i386
1 /home/mirror/ftp.nz.debian.org/debian/tmp/etch/CD1
/home/mirror/ftp.nz.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-i386/current/cdrom/initrd.gz: Unsupported scheme.
      FAILED: error 1
    Failed to start disc 1, error 256
make: *** [image-trees] Error 9

That error is from the stock standard debian installer.  I thought at
first it may have been the fact that I am doing this on a 64 bit
machine, though I do have a seperate drive with a 32 bit install of
debian etch on it.

What do I need to change in order to be able to get debian-cd to work?

Even the debian-cd that was installed via apt-get gives that same error.
Searching the net for an answer got me no where.

Please put me out of my missery.

Regards,

Christopher.