Re: How to create only a pool for packages

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:09:47PM +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> I don't need a new distro ( I 've seen sidux, ubuntu, .....).
> I want to generate my own pool from selected packages, and provide to
> my students and other users to install from my pool.
> Sure I can write a script to split packages , sort them  and put them
> in appropriate directories, I just ask if someone has that script, I
> use !!!!!

Do you actually *need* a pool layout? At a guess, you only have a couple of
packages - you can just dump them in a single publically accessible
directory and let apt-ftparchive do its thing, it'll accept any directory
layout.

I don't know how to find the code that does the pool layout for debian.org.
At a guess, it's somewhere on alioth. But putting packages in the right
subdirectory depending on the package name will only require very little
scripting anyway...

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯