Re: additional jigdos

Am 2007-06-21 11:06:09, schrieb Jürgen Kertz:
> Here comes the reason for my wish:
> I have several Debian boxes, but only one is connected to the internet.
> No way the other boxes will ever see internet, several kilometers
> between them. So I need DVDs to get updates to my other PCs. And I have
> no way to get "non-free" packages to them. And I really want these new
> packages, like openoffice2.2.1, ardour 2, k3b 1 and others, without
> downloading dozens of dependencies manually, or waiting for months until
> they will somewhen build on sparc or arm so they can migrate to testing.
>
> I know that there are some people who offer self-brewed images with
> parts of "non-free" and other things, but I dont want to install
> anything that doesnt come from debian mirrors.
>
> As far as I understand the whole process, it would "only" need a single
> set up so these jigdos are generated automaticly every week. And a few
> lines on the Debian Website. They would not waste much server-space, but
> I think many people will find this handy.
>
> So, is there any chance I can get these additional jigdo files?

Why not use an USB-HDD of 20-30 GByte?

You can download a whole release easyly by:

----8<----------------------------------------------------------
wget ${SERVER}/debian/dists/sid/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz

gzip <./Packages.gz |grep 'Filename: ' |
    sed "s|Filename: |${SERVER}/debian/|" >./Packages.list

wget -nH -X -i ./Packages.list

I have a more complex script for myself but this simpel thing is working.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)