Re: too many CD ISOs

I've been looking around the CD vendors. Ideally, I'd like to buy:

* netinst (in an actual mini-iso form factor)
* businesscard (in an actual businesscard form factor)
* multiarch DVD
* multiarch CD

I have not been able to find any of these for etch. Haven't checked
_all_ the US vendors yet, but I am not optimistic.

* gnome CD (CD #1), kde CD, and xfce CD

The only way to get this from many vendors is by buying a set of all 23
CDs for ~$30. (Other vendors offer a 21 CD set that omit the kde and xfce
CDs.) I don't mind the price, but buying 20 CDs that I will _never_ use
is not something I can justify. (Things are somewhat better for the DVDs;
even if I'd never use DVDs 2/3 it's useful archivally.)

IMHO we need to do something to get vendors to default to selling the CDs
that are useful, and de-emphasise the great big vanity packs that are
just a waste of plastic for most users.

--
see shy jo