Update of download tools on download page?

Hi,

I think having an updated list of download tools could help users who
are unfamiliar with downloading/resuming such large files or have
unreliable connections.

The ISO download page at http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ lists
these download tools/programs:

wget, curl, FileZilla, Fresh Download (proprietary, closed source,
requires giving email address and using code to unlock the software).

I would suggest also listing:
aria2 (GPL, unix, CLI, http://aria2.sourceforge.net/ )
wxDownload Fast (GPL, unix/windows, GUI, http://dfast.sourceforge.net/ )

as other Free options. There is even a MinGW/Cygwin port of aria2 in
alpha testing for the adventurous and interest in it could spur
improvements. Both also support advanced features like automatic
checksum verification. wxDownload Fast is the only GPL GUI download
manager I know of that is cross platform.

I'd also suggest removing Fresh Download, as it is not even a good
example of a non-Free download manager. For good examples, I would
suggest Free Download Manager, GetRight, Orbit, ReGet, or Speed
Download (Mac).

There is also a long list of download managers (mostly GUI) and their
features, available platforms, and licenses at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_download_managers

--
(( Anthony Bryan
 )) Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]