Re: broken link to cdrecord on win

On 4/11/07, Richard Atterer <richard@2007.atterer.net> wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 12:28:05PM +1000, Carlos wrote:
> I just noticed that the link to cdrecord on
> http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#dvd is not working.
>
> I found this alternative one, but I am not sure if it is the best one:
>
> http://smithii.com/cdrtools

IMHO we should consider removing references to cdrtools in favour of wodim,
Debian's fork of the software. Also, I don't think a lot of people will use
the command-line cdrecord under Windows/Mac OS, so I'll also completely
remove these references unless someone screams now. :)

I agree in that few people would be interested in command-line windows
burning... I myself checked the link just out of curiosity of seeing
the win port of cdrecord...

But just today I found this interesting program that might be worth
including in the FAQ (being GPL):

Project:   http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdrtfe
Home Page:  http://home.arcor.de/kerberos002/cdrtfe/index_en.html
"A small burning application for Windows. cdrtfe is a frontend for the
cdrtools (cdrecord, mkisofs, readcd, cdda2wav), Mode2CDMaker and
VCDImager. It can burn data disks (CD and DVD), Audio CDs, XCDs,
(S)VCDs and DVD-Video disks."

Interestingly, it comes with all the needed programs bundled in an
installable "Setup.exe"
I haven't tried it myself, though. But if it works it would
deffinitelly be the option to recomentd over the proprietary ones.
If no one around there has tested it and you want me to, just drop me
an email. I can test it at my work laptop.

Carlos

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯