Re: installer sshd docs

Frans Pop wrote:
On Thursday 05 April 2007 23:10, Carl Karsten wrote:
Where are the docs for
http://packages.debian.org/stable/debian-installer/openssh-server-udeb

I figured out how to get it started by dropping the needed config/key
files where it wanted them, but I can't figure out how to connect:

I was hoping this would work: ssh -i id_rsa.pub root@192.168.1.36
but it still asks for a pw.

It is not intended to be used that way, but only as a dependency from the network-console component. Suggest you check the installation guide for documentation on that.

in case anyone is interested: got it working by putting carl's public key into root's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys:

carl@dell17:~/.ssh$ ssh root@192.168.1.36
BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-3ubuntu3) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
~ # cd /var/log

Carl K