Debian etch CD iso not booting !

hi, last day I downloaded the weekly build iso binary CD 1 from http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/iso-cd/debian-testing-i386-CD-1.iso

the md5sums were found to be correct. I burned this into a CDRW using cdrecord using the normal options [as given in the debian FAQ on CD-writing ]. ==>  nice --18 cdrecord -eject -v speed=2 dev=/dev/hdd -data -pad debian-testing-i386-CD-1.iso

 The CD mounted perfectly, contents were o.k. but fails to boot ! the CD is not recognized as a bootable one.
then I tried writing knoppix iso under identical conditions [ commands, CDRW drive, ] , it was flawless and bootable.

can anyone please tell me what's wrong ?

target
machine arch : i386 [ P III 550Mhz ]
kernel : 2.6.16

thanks