Re: Unstable snapshots

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 September 2006 22:20, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> > >
> > > No, that is not correct. The _businesscard_ image can be used to
> > > install unstable if booted in expert mode of with "priority=medium".
> >
> > Is this feature documented somewhere?
>
> It is a logical consequence the fact that a netinst image contains the
> base system (from Etch). A businesscard image does not but download the
> base system from a mirror; as mirror selection only allows to select the
> suite at medium or low priority, the default install will still install
> Etch while you have a choice at lower priorities.
> netboot installations also allow to install unstable for the same reason.
>
> But no, it is probably not really documented as such.

When I change my laptop (soon I hope) I will experiment with that
feature. There is no need for me to install a whole stable or testing
base system, just to dist-upgrade to sid.

I will try to document this, but not too much. We don't want to
encourage inexperienced users to run unstable ;)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)