Re: The netinst CD page at debian.org

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 02:07:57PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> I don't think the CD page is the right place to even discuss this type of
> thing. The netinst CD supports an identical set of hardware as any other
> installation image, from floppies to netboot, to full DVDs.

On one hand, I agree: This info applies to more than just the netinst CD.
But OTOH, it is more important for netinst, as an unsupported card will
make the installation fail, so the hint can save the user some frustration.

Is this compatibility info available in the "right place" somewhere on
www.d.o? If so, I can change the netinst page to say that only some cards
are supported, and make the "some cards" a link to the full information.

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯