Re: Debian 3.1r4 sparc CD images

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> It sounds like the software is trying to parse the contents of the
> image, and getting it wrong. Bootable sparc CDs contain extra metadata
> used by the sparc firmware to locate the bootable sections of the
> image, and it looks like the organisation of this metadata is
> confusing your Sonic Solutions software. If there are any options to
> disable image parsing or image testing or similar, I'd give those a
> try. Otherwise, try and obtain some more (less!) intelligent burner
> software that will just write an ISO image...
>
> --
> Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve@einval.com
> "I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
>  is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth

Thanks Steve,

Although I would have thought all ISO images were created equal,
I found the "ISO Recorder" program listed under the FAQ:

http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#record-windows

which worked perfectly!  As you suggested, I just needed some
"less intelligent" software.  Funny, the inverse nature of
intelligence.... :)

Thanks again.

	-Walter