Debian 3.1r4 sparc CD images

Greetings!

I am having significant difficulties trying to burn a
bootable CD for Sparc platform.  I have tried both the
debian-31r4-sparc-netinst.iso and debian-31r4-sparc-
businesscard.iso images, both of which fail with the
same problem.  The problem is that I download the ISO
image and attempt to burn the image, but the CD soft-
ware only sees the ISO image as being a small percent
of the actual size (e.g. the ~40MB "business card"
image shows up as being 2MB and the ~160MB "netinst"
image shows up as being 12 MB in the burner software).
For reference, I also attempted to download and burn
the i386 version of the netinst image using the same
steps.  This worked without fault.

Unfortunately, the only CD burner and software I have
available is on a non-GNU, non-Un*x system.  The CD
software is by "Sonic Solutions" under the label
"Multimedia Center for Think Offerings".  I am not
having any unusual difficulties with the computer,
software, etc., otherwise.

For a different reference, I also attempted to mount
each Sparc ISO image as a loopback device on an i386-
platform machine running Debian-unstable that I have
available (which does not have a CD burner).  This
seems to work just fine, with the images showing up
and appearing to be of normal expected size, etc.

I had thought the Sparc images were corrupt, but the
successful loopback mounts suggests otherwise.  Any
notions as to what's going on and how to fix?

Thanks very much!

	-Walther Davies

fortune:

Q:	How many Martians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A:	One and a half.

http://www.speakeasy.net/~wdavies/