Re: Bits from the debian-cd team; more CD/DVDs being built regularly

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Are you talking of gnome-core or gnome-desktop-environment? gnome-core
> is indeed really basic, but g-d-e already includes a complete desktop.

gnome-desktop-environment is the sole key package in the gnome-desktop
task, and nearly the only one from that task that currently fits on the
first CD (the key packages for the laptop, web-server, and most other
tasks except for kde and xfce also fit on the CD).

> Not having "gnome" on a single CD is understandable given how much we've
> bloated this metapackage.

Actually, we don't even include the gnome metapackage in the full
gnome-desktop task. gnome-office, gdm-themes and gnome-games-extra-data
are dependencies of gnome that are not included in that task (the rest
of its deps are listed).

--
see shy jo