Re: Sources needed by default?

[ Please don't top-post... ]

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 08:15:02AM -0200, Daniel Andrade wrote:
>2006/1/28, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>:
>> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 04:52:08PM -0200, Daniel Andrade wrote:
>> >Hi...
>> >
>> >  I'm trying to use the debian-cd util to build a custom debian....
>> >  I already had some problems with it like, it says it needs the
>> >directories "doc", "tools" and "indices" (although it just searches
>> >for the first two). Well, I solved this problem by copying these
>> >directories (doc and tools) to the mirror.... but now it's complaining
>> >about the Sources.gz file:
>> >
>> >----
>> >Dispatching the sources on all the CDs ...
>> >File `/mnt/repositorio/oficina/dists/stable/main/source/Sources.gz'
>> >cannot be found ... at /usr/share/debian-cd/tools/cds2src line 80.
>> >make: ** [/mnt/repositorio/debian-cd/tmp/stable-src/1.sources] Erro 2
>> >----
>> >
>> >So... I searched for something that controls it and found in
>> >/etc/debian-cd/conf.sh, a variable called SRCEXCLUDE and set it to 1
>> >(export SRCEXCLUDE=1)... am I using it the wrong way? Anybody can
>> >help??
>>
>> Sorry, no - SRCEXCLUDE is a way to point to a list of sources that
>> should not be included. How are you calling debian-cd - using the
>> build.sh wrapper script?
>
>But what if I don't want any sources on my CD?
>
>Actually I'm trying to make a "minimal" CD just with debian default
>tools and KDE on it (excluding the default GNOME).... but definitely,
>I don't know what else to do.... :(
>
>I really apreciate if anyone could help me.....

I'm trying to...

There is a limitation in debian-cd at the moment that even if you
don't build and source CDs it will still do some initial setup for a
source build CD when you make binary CDs. You can work around this,
though.

Are you using the build.sh script?

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/