Re: Sarge jigdo files obselete!

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 12:55:16PM +0200, annonygmouse wrote:
> I've been trying to download the fist DVD and certainly, there are about
> 1000 packages missing from the mirrors so it tries to download them from
> http://us.cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/snapshot/20050323/Debian/pool/...
> wich is really slow... 4-8 K/s. Should I stop my downloads then?

No, as Mattias says, it should work, although it's no surprise that the
server is slow - after all, it's only /intended/ as a backup. :-/

Hm, so should I remove the notice on the web pages again? Actually, I'd
rather leave it there because the download rate will be unacceptable for
many people. Also, for some odd reason people always tend to blame the
jigdo _program_ for any such problems, and the amount of "jigdo is broken /
dead slow" mail in my inbox is increasing. ;-|

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯