Automatic Installation

Hi,

I have been struggling from the past several days to do an automatic installation using preseed file
I have placed the file in directory preseed under the root directory and have modified syslinux.cfg such that I have added these entries to default boot
APPEND  preseed/file=/cdrom/preseed/preseed.seed preseed/file/checksum=c570c246d72f34d4e8fd996548cc8f8a

I get the error message: Failed to get preconfiguration file from /cdrom/preseed/preseed.seed

Can anyone help me out. I would be very grateful

Regards
Sandeep