Re: bittorrent tracker logs

> >Even if we can't obtain old logs, perhaps we could arrange for new ones
> >to be kept suitible for these research purposes.
>
> This could possibly be arranged, I'm Cc:ing the mailinglist to see if
> anyone has objections.

Any word on this? As a prospective Debian developer, and a researcher
with a great interest in studying and improving BitTorrent, I must admit
that good tracker logs are hard to come by, and it would be of great
value to setup a mechansim whereby long-term tracker logs from
BitTorrent were made available in anonymized form to the research
community. This would especially be nice during flash crowd events such
as new releases, but long term information is equally useful.

Charles

--
From statistics
That we gather