Re: Bits from the CD team: plans for debian-cd v3.0

Paul Telford wrote:

> > As of today's d-i build, the netboot mini isos support preseed/file too,
> > same as regular CDs.
>

> Where does the preseed file end up in this case?  With the full cdrom I
> was doing "preseed/file=/cdrom/preseed_file", but with the netboot that's
> not valid, and I don't see the image getting mounted anywhere else.

You're right, netboot never tries to mount a CD, so this won't work.
(In theory you could use this with a preseed/file=/floppy/foo and it
does have the stuff to mount a floppy. But I doubt anyone will ever want
to do this.)

So your original point about this being a point netboot can't cover
that businesscard can stands.

--
see shy jo