Re: Bits from the CD team: plans for debian-cd v3.0

Quoting Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>:
>   9. Are business card ISOs actually useful? "Testing" versions of the
>      bc images are very fragile due to deps on exact versions of
>      packages during installation. Unless there are lots of users, we
>      may drop them.

Yes, business card ISOs are problematic for "Testing", but they
are useful for "Stable".  If we drop them for "Testing" we will
never have them working when next "Stable" is ready.

Also, many people have local (partial) mirrors of Debian, e.g.
in a company or in university.  If people create the mirror
and download a matching business card ISO, everything is fine.

So, please don't drop the business card ISOs.

Cheers, WB