Re: burning the downloaded images

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 20:46, Dirk van der Made wrote:
<...>

> Finally, it's worth pointing out that the unpacking of the
> iso image during burning takes time, so it's better to
> select a lower burning speed (at least, I assume that's
> the reason it went wrong for me the first time).

No, k3b can handle this fine on its own, it will choose the best speed for
your drive and the type of CD-R,RW or DVD. Leave it at the default setting if
you don't know what you are doing.

> By the way, I have an Athlon 64, but I've downloaded the
> i386 version, and I'll wait for the release of Etch to get
> full 64 bit support. Does that make sense?

No, again. Join debian-amd64-request@lists.debian.org?subject=subscribe and
look in http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/ for the closest site to
download from.

All the best.