Re: advice on a problem with "official" DVDs

On Friday 10 June 2005 20:29, martin f krafft wrote:
> However, with the book, we wanted to provide a DVD that includes
> i386 and amd64 support on a single DVD simply because amd64 is
> gaining popularity. Hence, it is not the official sarge ISO.

I've already asked my bookshop to order that book. I saw it listed on
http://www.debian.org/doc/books as "Sarge DVD (i386/amd64)". If you cancel the
amd64 part I may cancel my order as that was one of the main selling points
for me.

Can't you please have a DVD with a GRUB menu deciding which ISO to boot. That
would allow you to have official ISOs for i386 and amd64 on 1 DVD.

I know something like this is possible because I have a rescue CD somewere
that has a big collection of boot floppies on 1 CD and you choose at boot
time which one to use.

I hope this helps and I still hope to buy that book.
All the best.

--
Robert "roach" Spencer
Pietermaritzburg