Re: sarge install report

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 03:28:47PM +0100, Luis Matos wrote:
> regards. Anyway ... could you test a fresh install with rc3? i have no
> machine to do that. Just to make sure. Thanks.

No need to do that, since rc3 _is_ broken as it contains an old kernel
with a different ABI version than the current one: 2.6.8-10-amd64-generic
vs 2.6.8-11-amd64-generic.

The kernel-udebs in the archive will not work with a rc3 installer
kernel, and the problem you described - missing device driver modules
- is exactly the result.

I still wonder you had this problem with an iso from cdimage.debian.org.
How old is the iso image you had this error with?

Kind regards
Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG