Re: Problem downloading the testing DVD-1

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 02:34:11PM +0200, annonygmouse wrote:
> Successfully created `sarge-i386-1.iso'

> Finished!
>
> ERROR: Checksums do not match, image might be corrupted!

These two messages are really from the same jigdo-lite run?
This Should Not Happen(tm) :-/

You may be one of the first to download the new testing DVD after a "pause"
of almost a month, maybe a bug crept into the generation process.

> What should I do? Delete the entire DVD and start over?

No, don't delete it! If you really decide to try again in a week (or so),
when new images become available, then use the loop-mounted .iso file as a
source for your update. You'll save lots of time and bandwidth that way.

> How can I know that the created image is _really_ corrupted?
> Is there a way to check the md5 checksum of all the packages, in order
> to detect which package/s is corrupt?

There is an md5sum for each package in the .template file, BUT jigdo
automatically verifies all these checksums when it assembles the image. It
would not have output "Successfully created `sarge-i386-1.iso'" if there
had been a checksum mismatch.

IOW: The checksums for the individual files were OK, but the overall
checksum of the image (also stored in the .template) was not. Weird.

I suspect that what you have now is a fully functional and working DVD
image. There just seems to have been a minor glitch during the creation of
the .jigdo/.template files.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯