Re: Bits from the CD team, 2005-03-16

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 06:31:29AM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:27:37AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> Daily and weekly DVD and CD image builds have been continuing[1],
>> thanks to Santiago Garcia Mantinan, with no major problems
>> recently. For building the release images we'll need to spread the
>> load to make sure we can build and at least smoke test some of the
>> images before officially releasing them. We also need to start
>> building and testing DVD images for all the arches (and especially
>> source) - at the moment we only have i386, ppc and ia64. DVDs for
>> other architectures _should_ present no real problems, but...
>>
>Steve,
>
>Assuming that no-one wants the mirror that I vaguely offered on
>debian-hardware - do you want me to start producing DVD images for some
>of the smaller architectures?  I can shove in the other 160G drive -
>if you can tell me _exactly_ what's needed, I can build them fairly
>quickly [I followed your instructions previously and now have a mirror
>from ftp.uk.debian.org updated nightly - building the images for CD's
>and DVD's takes no time once I've the jigdo files currently]

Andy, to be honest I think I've just about got the builds sorted. What
would be _really_ useful if you can do it for me would be some testing
of the images as they're produced. Alpha is the second arch produced
in the normal build run, so I could get preliminary jigdo files to you
early in the run if you can help...

There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss