Re: Bits from the CD team, 2005-03-16

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:27:37AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> [ Note Reply-To: set to debian-cd@lists.debian.org ]
>
> Just a quick summary of release progress from the debian-cd team:
>
> We're increasing the amount of space available for CD and DVD ISO
> images on cdimage.debian.org so we can host full images for both woody
> and sarge for a period after the release. A newly donated RAID array
> is on the way from HP (thanks!) to accommodate this. This should
> hopefully be in place and serving images within the next week.
>
> Daily and weekly DVD and CD image builds have been continuing[1],
> thanks to Santiago Garcia Mantinan, with no major problems
> recently. For building the release images we'll need to spread the
> load to make sure we can build and at least smoke test some of the
> images before officially releasing them. We also need to start
> building and testing DVD images for all the arches (and especially
> source) - at the moment we only have i386, ppc and ia64. DVDs for
> other architectures _should_ present no real problems, but...

Steve,

Assuming that no-one wants the mirror that I vaguely offered on
debian-hardware - do you want me to start producing DVD images for some
of the smaller architectures?  I can shove in the other 160G drive -
if you can tell me _exactly_ what's needed, I can build them fairly
quickly [I followed your instructions previously and now have a mirror
from ftp.uk.debian.org updated nightly - building the images for CD's
and DVD's takes no time once I've the jigdo files currently]

> Finally (again after sarge) I'm planning some major changes to the
> debian-cd package to make it more flexible and easier to use and
> customise for everybody. And (of course) faster! I'll post more
> details soon.
>
> If you have any questions or comments on any of this, please mail the
> debian-cd list (debian-cd@lists.debian.org).
>
> [1] http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/
> [2] http://www.einval.com/~steve/software/JTE/

Andy