Manty's debian-cd

Thanks folks.  Sorry for the delay in acknowledging the previous post.

I have downloaded Manty's debian-cd and I intend playing with it later
today.  Regenerating the debian-installer tasks as a matter of routine
will be helpful.

Unpacking debootstrap-udeb should improve matters.

About the installed kernels.  I have not looked at the latest CD1 iso yet,
but with the previous image the following kernel images were available.

kernel-image-2.4.27-2-386
kernel-image-2.4.27-2-686
kernel-image-2.4.27-2-686-smp
kernel-image-2.4.27-speakup           This kernel was installed   2.4.x
kernel-image-2.6.8-2-386
kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686
kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686-smp          This kernel was installed.  2.6.x

No manual choice was given.  The automatic selection strikes me as wierd.
Soltek SL-75KAV motherboard, AMD Duron(tm) processor 1349.522 MHz, 256 RAM

Onto the latest i386 CDs

Phil.

  I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs & DVDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz