Re: new debian-cd release needed for sarge (tasks/d-i doubt)

> I found that the debian-cd in cvs (2-2-21) as of a few hours ago does not
> produce the same images as found on
> http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/

Well, the setup we have for the images on gluck uses HEAD of the cvs, plus
sometimes I retest my changes at gluck before commiting, so it can be a
little bit ahead of cvs if I made any change (that is not the case right now
and my lastest changes didn't have anything to do with i386).

There are however some differences at gluck, the scripts we use there
generate the debian-installer related tasks automatically using the generate
scripts in the tools directory and also automatically uses the debootstrap
files of the debootstrap udeb that will be used by the installer. All this
is done because debian-installer and the hole distro is moving, also we are
producing two sets of cds (sid_d-i and sarge_d-i) so we tried to get
debian-cd to automatically follow the changes the distro is making, and then
we commit these changes to the cvs when we feel it is necesary or we are
releasing.

One other change is that we are using a patched version of debian-cd to
generate the jigdos using jte, as for the iso images we are generating them
using the normal version of debian-cd.

> Is a modified archive being used for the gluck images or is the debian-cd
> in cvs out of sync?

It is modified in the sense that I explained before, currently the only
changed files are the debian-installer tasks, and you may have a different
debootstrap version, that's all I can think of.

However if you want to know what we are running at a certain time, you can
see current gluck's debian-cd directory at:
http://people.debian.org/~manty/debian-cd/

> Another comment that may be of use.  I found that
> kernel-image-2.4.27-speakup  (default)  and
> kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686-smp  (linux26) were installed.  Now why?

Not sure about what you mean :-? I guess choosing the installed kernel is
debian-installer related, of course, choosing among the kernels available at
the time of the installation, which chould be related to debian-cd.

Currently we are only including kernel-image-2.4.27-2-386 and
kernel-image-2.6.8-2-386 on the basic cds, in the full cds other kernels may
be included depending on the popularity contents, exclude and unexclude
files. I don't know what else can I say about this, but as I said, I don't
quite understand what you mean.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net