Re: Re: Re: size of DVD-image sarge-i386-1.iso is too large?

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 04:51:12AM -0300, Nelson Altimari wrote:
> IMHO, I think jigdo should be able to use an ISO in the 'scanning for old
> files' phase, sparing us from the burden to 'mount' it. In Linux, the
> 'mount' process can be done in a single command line, but in Windows,
> AFAIK, it needs 3rd party software.

Indeed - this is a feature which is requested from time to time, and it's
on my list of things to implement, but unfortunately with a fairly low
priority.

> Also, I would be very happy if the final Debian Sarge distro fitted
> inside a single Double-Layer DVD media (8.5Gb)... it would be so
> convenient, especially for magazines, mail-orders, etc.

There will be both single-layer and dual-layer DVD images for the sarge
release!

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯