Small local mirror

I am trying to build a lab that will allow students to experience
installing Debian. The catch is this: It's a PXE boot and I cannot have
the system connected to the Internet (company rules) so I need to build
a local mirror that mimics a 1 CD install. I can't use a CD in the
system and all the limited mirror scripts I've seen download 40+ GB - I
can use about 3 GB for this project on a local mirror.

The old binary-i386-1.list would have been handy but appears to have
been discontinued. I've tried just making a copy of the distribution
CD's into an ftp directory but that doesn't work (which is odd because
that's how I made the Red Hat and Suse labs work).

Any ideas?

Cheers
--
Steve Glines
voice: 978-952-6340         www.is-cs.com

I'm a complex person. I have a real and an imaginary part.