How to build netinst images.

Can someone please explain me in short how to make those netinst
images for sid?

I'm trying to make the netinst image for amd64 and I've changed
the debian-cd package to add amd64 where needed.

I get:
make list COMPLETE=0 TASK=tasks/debian-installer
Apt-get is updating his files ...
Ign file: sid/main Release
Ign file: sid/contrib Release
Ign file: sid/main/debian-installer Release
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
/bin/echo -e "mawk\nexim4-daemon-light\nunifont"
>>/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/kroeckx-guest/debian-cd/tmp/sid-amd64/rawlist
:328: warning: garbage at end of `#ifdef' argument
Generating the complete list of packages to be included ...
Generating the complete list of packages to be removed ...
Dispatching the packages on all the CDs ...
Here are the settings you've chosen for making the list:
List of prefered packages:
/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/kroeckx-guest/debian-cd/tmp/sid-amd64/list
Exclude file:
/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/kroeckx-guest/debian-cd/tmp/sid-amd64/list.exclude
Complete selected packages with all the rest: no
Include non-free packages: no
Include non-US packages: no
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/kroeckx-guest/debian-cd/tools/list2cds
line 104.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/kroeckx-guest/debian-cd/tools/list2cds
line 104.
[...]
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/kroeckx-guest/debian-cd/tools/list2cds
line 111.
Statistics:
Number of packages: 14188
Number of excluded: 2 of 14188

-- Generating dependencies tree with apt-cache depends...
-- Adding standard, required, important and base packages
   on the first CD ...
   Standard system already takes 303358746 bytes on the first CD.
-- Starting to add packages to the CDs ...
CD 1 will only be filled with 311494468 bytes ...
CD 1 will have 558 packages.
Dispatching the sources on all the CDs ...
Using package file
/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/kroeckx-guest/debian-cd/tmp/sid-amd64/1.packages
CD 1 will only be filled with 589548550 bytes ...
CD 1 will have 1041 files from source packages.

This doesn't really look right to me.  It seems to be trying to
build the whole CD?

I'm trying to go on seeing what happens and I get:
make packages
Apt-get is updating his files ...
Ign file: sid/main Release
Ign file: sid/contrib Release
Ign file: sid/main/debian-installer Release
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Adding the required directories to the binary CDs ...
Generating the binary CD labels and their volume ids ...
Current disk usage on the binary CDs (before the debs are added)
:
1       CD1
Adding the selected packages to each CD :
Missing debootstrap-required gcc-3.2-base
CD1 missing some packages needed by debootstrap
1 ...
cp: cannot stat
`/org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/ftproot/pub/debian-amd64/pure64/indices/*':
No such file or directory
gunzip:
/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/users/kroeckx-guest/debian-cd/tmp/sid-amd64/indices/*.gz:
No such file or directory
done.
 dists/sid/main/binary-amd64/: New 20B 0 files 0B 0s
 dists/sid/contrib/binary-amd64/: New 20B 0 files 0B 0s
Done Packages, Starting contents.
Done. 0B in 0 archives. Took 0s
 dists/sid/main/debian-installer/binary-amd64/: New 20B 0 files
0B 0s
Done Packages, Starting contents.
Done. 0B in 0 archives. Took 0s

It's trying to use gcc-3.2-base?  I guess this is caused by an
old version of debootstrap?  Is that the debootstrap of the arch
running it or the one getting installed?

I'm currently trying to do this on alioth.  Is this a problem
that I'm trying to build it on an other arch than what the
patckage is for?

I currently don't have access to a machine with a mirror on it
and that has all the required packages installed.  But I can ask
to install it and that shouldn't be a problem.

Can someone say what I need to do to get all this fixed?

Kurt