Re: Official Mirrors for stable .jigdo files broken

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Richard Atterer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> another thing which I should have reacted on earlier: The official
> locations for US/European mirrors of the stable .jigdo files have been
> broken for *MONTHS*. I mailed Phil about this various times without success
> - no idea what happened to him. :-/
>
> The problem is that the .jigdo files on non-us.cdimage make jigdo-lite try
> to download from us.cdimage. But us.cdimage used to be raff (the old raff!)
> which has been down for ages... ATM, the only working .jigdo files are at
> <http://people.debian.org/~atterer/woody/jigdo-area/3.0_r2/jigdo/>
>
> So, we really need
>
>  - an official mirror in Europe. Matthias, could we use farbror aka cdimage
>    for this? ATM, it only appears to redirect to the broken files on
>    non-us.cdimage when you try to access
>    <http://cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/3.0_r2/jigdo/>

Yes, we could, assuming it doesn't take up too much space. It is also
suboptimal for the reason that one of the reasons for splitting
cdimage.d.o out is that people should still be able to generate isos from
jigdos even if the public mirrors get swamped for a few days/weeks at
release time.

But then, this is better than broken jigdos all the time.

/Mattias Wadenstein