Re: Re: Re: size of DVD-image sarge-i386-1.iso is too large?

Ok, I used the new .jigdo's (Sep 6th), downloaded a couple hundred files more, and I'm all set, with the whole Debian set inside 2 DVD+RWs. Jigdo did a great job finding most of the files inside the 'older' (Sep 1st) ISOs.

However, I have to point out that I had to 'mount' the old ISOs with Nero's ImageDrive (i'm in Windows yet) so jigdo could search for files that had been already downloaded.

IMHO, I think jigdo should be able to use an ISO in the 'scanning for old files' phase, sparing us from the burden to 'mount' it. In Linux, the 'mount' process can be done in a single command line, but in Windows, AFAIK, it needs 3rd party software.

Also, I would be very happy if the final Debian Sarge distro fitted inside a single Double-Layer DVD media (8.5Gb)... it would be so convenient, especially for magazines, mail-orders, etc.

Thank you very much for your help,

[]'s
Nelson Altimari