Re: outdated jigdo DVD files?

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:44:15AM +0000, Szabolcs Vrbos wrote:
> I was wondering, how hard would it be updating the "official" jigdo files
> at http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/dvd/jigdo-area/ more
> often,

You may have missed the note on the website:

  Note (Aug 30, 2004): The weekly CD build process is being modified to
  allow the fast generation of sarge CD images. While this work continues,
  no new weekly images are built - do not attempt to download images whose
  timestamp shows them to be older than one week!

> or at least run tests, so that newbies like myself do not download 4GB of
> data only to find out at the end that its no good (missing about 1700
> files that have newer versions in the archives)..

Hmm, my impression was that the DVDs should still be downloadable, because
a backup server on cdimage holds all the data.

Manty, could you maybe delete the old .jigdo/.template files if they no
longer work? Unfortunately, the files are not owned by group deb-cd, so I
cannot do this myself.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯