Re: 700 MB media

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 04:41:03PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:

>People like ourselves use Jigdo extensively, but my observation is that
>most people who want to download CDs wait until the images are available.
>I suspect that those who would use Jigdo and who do not have a local
>Debian mirror would opt for a network installation.
>
>Given this I would suggest that we stick to a single CD set.

It costs us very little to generate two sets, and then we can leave
the decision of which ISOs to distribute up to the people that do
it. The long-mooted cgi script to generate ISOs on the fly from jigdo
files would also help here. I'm going to have a look at that shortly.

"C++ ate my sanity" -- Jon Rabone