Re: Problem with sarge-i386-7 jigdo

It seems that something happened during my first attempt to download this on Saturday (could I have caught it in the middle of an update? The files are dated March 13). Then I failed to think of removing the generated files (sarge-i386-7.iso.list, .iso.tmp, .jigdo, .jigdo.unpacked and .template) before trying again today.

As I write this, it is downloading the files without any problems.

Paul

Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:

When attempting to use jidgo to download sarge-i386-7.jigdo, I get the following error message for the first 50 files (different file name for each error, of course) after which jigdo stops. All the other jigdo downloads work fine (so I'm not doing something wrong)

Umm, I have tested right now and I don't get the problem you are getting,
this is what happened to me when testing with...
http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/cd/jigdo-area/i386/sarge-i386-7.jigdo:

FINISHED --01:16:41--
Downloaded: 3,130,314 bytes in 5 files
Found 5 of the 13 files required by the template
Copied input files to temporary file `sarge-i386-7.iso.tmp' - repeat command and supply more files to continue

8 files not found in previous pass, trying
alternative download locations:

--01:16:44--  http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/snapshot/cd/i386/Debian/pool/main/m/mini-dinstall/mini-dinstall_0.6.16_all.deb
          => `sarge-i386-7.iso.tmpdir/gluck.debian.org/cdimage/snapshot/cd/i386/Debian/pool/main/m/mini-dinstall/mini-dinstall_0.6.16_all.deb'
Resolving gluck.debian.org... 192.25.206.10
Connecting to gluck.debian.org[192.25.206.10]:80... connected.
Length: 37,092 [application/x-debian-package]

100%[====================================>] 37,092        20.49K/s

As you can see I don't have all the files, as this image was generated on
saturday and the mirror I'm using is up to date, so there are things on the
cd that are no longer on the mirror, however, we have an snapshot of the
files that can be needed to reconstruct the cd, and as you can see, after
finishing with the mirror I use, it tries teh alternative locations, finding
the files it needs and finally finishing the cd with success, as you can see
here:

Successfully created `sarge-i386-7.iso'

Finished!
The fact that you got this far is a strong indication that `sarge-i386-7.iso'
was generated correctly. I will perform an additional, final check,
which you can interrupt safely with Ctrl-C if you do not want to wait.

OK: Checksums match, image is good!

If you can provide any further info, like the date of the .jigdo and
.template files you are using from gluck.debian.org, and the output of
jigdo-lite, then we may get to know what is happening to you.

Regards...