Interesting thought

I am a first time user want to be,.  I went to the page for the downloads to select what I wanted to download, problem is there are many files to download (approx 20 files, most with .template and . jigdo).

Do I want to download all of these files?  How would I know, being a first time user, what I "want" to download?  http://us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/3.0_r2/jigdo/i386/

What are these "Woody" files, what do they have to do with the Debian program?

I downloaded the Jigdo lite program and ran it.  At the prompt I typed in the following (as per the example when you run the Jigdo Lite): http://server/cd-{1_nonus,2,3}.jigdo  and http://debian.org/cd/jigdo-cd/

Well, I must not have typed in something correctly, because the program just shuts down.  First it says the jigdo-cd (or jiddgo-cd) does not exist

I read the Jigdo mini HOWTO pages, it also makes a lot of assumptions.

Is this method just too advanced for people new to Linux?

Thanks, Robert