Re: Devenir un site mirroir Debian au Senegal

Hello Abdourahmane,

please use English when contacting Debian, not everyone understands French.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:01:40PM +0000, Abdourahmane SECK wrote:
> Dans ce cadre, il me semble nécessaire d'installer un site mirroir Debian
> au Sénégal pour assurer le "monopole" de Debian. Ainsi, je cherche un
> support pour la mise en place de ce site mirroir : les caractéristiques de
> la(les) machine(s) (je fournis) le débit minimal conseillé de la liaison
> Internet (je fournis également) et le support à la config (je suis un
> niewbie d'un mois).

Please have a look at <http://www.debian.org/mirror/>, it should give you
much of the information you need. The performance (and thus cost) of the
mirror depends a lot on how many people you want to serve - a simple setup
can be fairly cheap - except for the internet connection and bandwidth.
Maybe get in touch with a university or similar institution to get that for
free.

debian-cd is the wrong place to ask about this. For organisational issues
about mirroring, contact mirrors@debian.org. For technical questions, try
debian-user@lists.debian.org (English) or
debian-user-french@lists.debian.org

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯