Re: Silo breakage creating woody r2 CDs for sparc

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:56:43PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
>> Thanks very much for the support, Ben. I've been working hard trying
>> to get some sparc CDs created, and I didn't think asking for some help
>> to get this job done was particularly out of order. Apparently I was
>> wrong. I hope you have time to get the installer and CDs ready for the
>> sarge release...
>
>No, you didn't ask, you bitched and moaned and got pretty damn rude
>about it. Just asking would have gotten you a nice reply with
>explanation, and help avoiding the problem. Apparently you don't know
>how to ask nicely and would rather be an ass about it. To top it off,
>it's your own damn fault and you felt like pointing fingers.

Yes, I did. Sorry, it's been a _very_ long couple of days, without
much sleep in the middle and I've been getting defensive and rude when
I shouldn't have been. Apologies. It gets very frustrating in these
situations when a long task that normally works with minimal
intervention suddenly needs a lot of attention. Things seem a lot more
under control now, and I'm slowly working my way through the rest of
the arches to help Phil. This shouldn't have turned into a flaming
match - again, I'm sorry. I don't want to fall out over this...

Can I ask one favour for in future, though - if any more changes are
made in future to core tools like silo, mkisofs etc. that will affect
CD/DVD image generation, can you please give us just a little bit of
warning? At the moment, without the information about the new isofs.b
you gave me a way back up this messy thread, we wouldn't be able to
make working (bootable) sparc images for sarge or sid.

On that front, how is the sparc end of the debian-installer work
going?

Thanks,
Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...