Re: Silo breakage creating woody r2 CDs for sparc

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:50:17AM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
>On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 02:33:56 +0000
>Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>
>> If this next attempted build fails, I'm going to abandon the sparc
>> images altogether, and recommend that woody r2 does not include sparc
>> CDs. Does anybody actually care in the SLIGHTEST about supporting
>> sparc CDs? It certainly doesn't look that way. It's now 2.30am here,
>> and I'm going to bed. I'll check in the morning if the CDs built, but
>> as it stands right now I'd be quite surprised...
>
>Why don't you wait a bit for Ben Collins to wake up and read
>his email so that he can help you with these problems?
>
>I fully recognize the amount of time and effort you are putting
>into trying to get these CDs built, but posting as if an immediate
>response is required and throwing a tantrum won't fix the problem.
>
>Let's wait for what Ben has to say about this ok?  I think a lot of
>people would like to have Sparc CD images if possible.

The build appears to have worked, FWIW. I've checked that the jigdo
files are valid by rebuilding images from them, and I'm uploading the
jigdo bits (slowly) now to cdimage.

I wasn't especially expecting an immediate response last night, but it
does get really annoying when there are multiple mails every day now,
pestering for the new r2 images, and the toolchain needed to build
them has just been allowed to rot by the architecture maintainers.

Apologies for the tantrum, but _please_ can we get architecture folks
to put some effort into the CD creation process...?

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]