Re: Your jigdo

At 02:08 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, Mitch wrote:
The recomended way of doing this just simply does not work.

Well ... I've seen it work here...

I followed the instructions for the jigdo download and it grabs the index.html and then tells me that the file doesnt exist.

Oh ... you probably want to wait until the 3.0_r2 is available ... but the r1 works fine...

 This was for both US and Non US sites. I give up..

Whatever you think is best.

 Please let me know when you dont have to be a rocket scientist to get linux.

Since I left "Missile Test Branch" I am no longer considered a "rocket scientist."

Also the html ftp download is limited to the equilvalant of a 2400 baud modem. 2 days per ISO for download, I can get 3 at a time. totaling over 6 days to download.

Yup ... that's what the problem is ... 1500 people downloading from one server *is* slow .... better to use "jigdo" instead. I was hoping for "BitTorrent" but it didn't happen.

Obviously Linux has a long way to go to be anything close to Windows and MAC. I did purchase it. But the only copy they had was from Red Hat. I wanted the debian verison as I heard it was the better version.

Why not but your Debian from someone like "CheapBytes" ... might be faster than the downloads. Maybe you should skip the CDs and install from the network. (...dunno if you can do that with M$ or Apple...)

Regards, Gordon