Re: Error with CD 7 by jigdo

Hi Sabine,

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 01:15:05PM +0200, Sabine Miehlbradt wrote:
> I have tried getting debian by jigdo and cannot complete disc 7 for 2
> days now.
>
> I always get one file not found error:
> debian-30r1-i386-binary-7.iso.tmpdir/us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/3.0_r1/sna
> pshot/pool/main/libb/libbusiness-onlinepayment-bankofamerica-perl/libbusiness-on
> linepayment-bankofamerica-perl_1.00-2_all.deb: No such file or directory

Hmmm - I suspect that you are running jigdo-lite on a filesystem which has
problems with the very long filename. Try downloading the file manually and
putting it into the tmp directory under a different name (any name will do,
jigdo-file doesn't look at the filename), then restart jigdo-lite.

> I have tried redownloading the .jigdo file several times as well as
> using a dozen different mirrors in different countries.

I have just checked and it seems that the copy of the .deb on
us.cdimage.debian.org is not corrupted; its checksum matches that from the
.jigdo file. This really looks like a problem at your end!

> BTW. What the heck do I need that file for? I will never have an account
> with the Bank of America.

Yes, indeed, you *should* be asking yourself this question! Why are you
downloading CD 7 at all, when Debian's recommendation (and you have read
the CD FAQ, haven't you? ;-) is only to download the first two or three
CDs?

> Hope you can solve it quick. I am going to install by Thursday.

Note that if you can't get the jigdo-lite run to complete successfully, it
is possible to burn the incomplete .iso.tmp file on CD-R. In that case, the
resulting CD will work, except that the .deb in question will be filled
with zero bytes on the CD.

All the best,

  Richard

--