RE: what servers to use sarge dvd jigdo files?

Patrick Strasser:
> Paul Mansfield wrote:
> > I downloaded the jigdo files from here:
> >
> ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/sarge-dvd/jigd
> DVD images seem to be not available ATM. Last ones were built
> Nov. 22 2002.

shame, there have been some important fixes since then.

> A lot of packages change in sarge frequently, so images have to rebuilt
> often.

... I figured this was the case, but I lived in hope.

> Conclusion: You can download the jigdo files, but ou can't build
> the images.
> Try CD images.
I have CD image; just I'd like to squeeze more on, just greedy I guess, and
got to justify the boss giving me cash for a DVD Writer! :-)

> Wouldn't it be better to move the old images to less intuitive place and
> leave some message in sarge-dvd, so people don't try to download them?

Yes, that would have saved me lots of time (trying to guess which mirror
might have what I want)and lots of bandwidth (I posted to this list after
about 5 download session attempts on two different computers)

> Are the old images usefull at all?

clearly not.

thanks very much for enlightening me, your time has been appreciated!

regards
Paul