Re: Installation der offiziellen testing Distribution

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 06:18:27PM +0100, Martin Zabel wrote:
[...]

Martin's question is:

  On the website it says (I wrote this >6 months ago!):
    Booting/installing is currently not possible with "testing"/"unstable"
    CDs - only use for upgrades from stable.
  Which CD images does this apply to?

At the time I wrote it, this was true for all testing/unstable CDs. Does
anybody know whether the CDs became installable again with the old
installer later?

Anyway, only a couple of days ago a first alpha release of the new Debian
installer was made available, see
<http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>

To my knowledge, this installer has not yet made its way into the
auto-generated CDs, but with some luck, this might change in the next
weeks.

However, Martin, I'd recommend against waiting for this to happen - just do
the usual thing of installing stable first and then upgrading.
Alternatively, do a Knoppix-on-HD install, this gives you a fairly
up-to-date Debian system.

HTH,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯