Re: Bittorrent distribution of cdimages

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 11:10:51AM +0200, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
> > It would be good if debian had an official tracker (doesn't need to
> > have the image but it would be good).
>
> That would be easy, I could run one on cdimage.d.o at all times except
> release time when it would be repointed to another host. How about the
> hostname debcd-tracker.acc.umu.se? I feel that I need a zone where I can
> as local admin change the RR quickly and with a low ttl, so I guess the
> debian.org zone won't be an option.

I think we could add a new cname to debian.org called bt.debian.org or
so with the standart-debian-ttl. Then we point this to
debcd-tracker.acc.umu.se. debcd-tracker.acc.umu.se should be a A-record
and should have a very short ttl.  If the tracker goes to another system
we change both records and everything will go very fine.